[Nottingham] Linux in 18 MBytes?

Richard Smedley rs at m6-it.org
Wed Nov 28 22:46:52 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 22:16 +0000, Steve Caddy wrote:
> Richard Smedley wrote:
> > Note that evilwm only uses 0.1MB   :)

> As in the one written by Ciaran "six809" Anscomb?

& the same who did the BBC ogg-streaming - including the unofficial
BBC strream of the Stallman visit to Aberystwyth. :-)

> I'd not heard anyone mention
> evilwm for a long, long, time.

It does the job - some people still use it =o)

> Not since my IRC days at Aberystwyth anyway.

Aberystwyth (West Wales) LUG seems a little dead atm.
Don't know about the irc, though.

> was always put off by the name, and happily used twm instead.

Well there's always ratpoison at 225KB - hm, still a
problem name :^)

I use PWM (*not* PWM II) - 1MB memory use, and all the
features you need 8-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org