[Nottingham] Web Development, Linux & Productivity Talk

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 12:50:11 BST 2007

Danny King wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been planning the contents of the talk which I believe to be
> scheduled for this Thursday but since this is my first talk I thought
> I should see what people think before I start chatting away...

Good to seek some feedback.

For the venue, all booked, this Thursday 18/10/2007 at The Nav!

19:30 meet, 20:00 talk.

The Navigation Inn
6 Wilford Street
Nottingham
NG2 1AA

Tel: 0115 9417139

http://www.pub-explorer.com/notts/pub/navigationinnnottingham.htm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.948&lon=-1.1518&scale=10000&icon=x

> I'm a web developer in the mid-stages of starting a small web
> development business and my primary desktop runs Linux, which thanks
> to various wonderful pieces of software is very productive for web
> dev.
>
> I thought that I could highlight:
> - Why Linux is so fantastic for web dev (rather than Windows or OS X).
> - Which software I use and how - from planning through to production.
> (And why web developers don't need to spend thousands of pounds on
> Photoshop, Windows, OS X, etc, etc)
> - And since there seems to be some interest in the HTML/CSS, a brief
> introduction to the process of creating an HTML/CSS website.
>

> How does that sound? Any critiques very welcome!

That sounds ideal and interesting. Can you give that good coverage in
just an hour?

(OK, so our talks often go into metaphysical time whereby the standard
'hour' often dilates towards 23:00... Drunkenness not required! ;-) )

Projector needed (Michael)?

Other's comments?

All welcome!

martin at ml1.co.uk