[Nottingham] Web Development, Linux & Productivity Talk

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:13:10 BST 2007

Hi all,

I've been planning the contents of the talk which I believe to be
scheduled for this Thursday but since this is my first talk I thought
I should see what people think before I start chatting away...

I'm a web developer in the mid-stages of starting a small web
development business and my primary desktop runs Linux, which thanks
to various wonderful pieces of software is very productive for web
dev.

I thought that I could highlight:
- Why Linux is so fantastic for web dev (rather than Windows or OS X).
- Which software I use and how - from planning through to production.
(And why web developers don't need to spend thousands of pounds on
Photoshop, Windows, OS X, etc, etc)
- And since there seems to be some interest in the HTML/CSS, a brief
introduction to the process of creating an HTML/CSS website.

How does that sound? Any critiques very welcome!

--
-------
 -Danny King