[Nottingham] Which programming language (RE: O'Reilly Books)

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 13 20:49:59 BST 2007

Richard Smedley wrote:

> ADA95 on GNU/Linux (and gnat - The GNU Ada compiler), might make
> a good LUG talk. I'd certainly be interested :-)

You really think? There are some interesting concepts that I could talk about,
such as Ada's true enumeration... blows the rather weak attempt that C provides
into the water. Mind you, Ada's strong typing makes Pascal look like a wet
weekend. Essentially, Ada locks you into getting the dataflow design right
first time.

> Have you looked at the newly-OO ADA2005 yet?

Not seen 2005 yet. I'll have to see if I can get a new copy of Barnes or
something like that. Ada95 is OO (or that was the intention). I have no idea
what new features 2005 has... that would be an interesting talk (for me to
listen to).

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com