[Nottingham] Next event?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 19 23:49:32 BST 2008

Martin wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> Welcome to the group.
>

>> Just out of interest I was wondering if the next event/meetup had been
>> planned (I just checked the site but nothing is posted on there so far),
>> I was unfortunate enough to be working late last night so I missed that
>> one which is a shame considering it was going to be my first time.
>>

> Well, you missed a good talk :-p
>
> Much thanks to Marcel and Steve for their very good eee-duet.
>

> We're often rather 'spontaneous' with each event. We usually keep to a
> social and a talk each month. Sometimes beers or something else can get
> added into the alternating weeks also.
>
> Stay tuned to the maillist!
>
> You're also encouraged to add your suggestions. We try to follow the
> "Open Source" ideal as far as possible.
>

> Next event I'm 'organising' (loosely) if beers ever need 'organising'
> that is:
>
> Last Post Beeston Beers this Wednesday 23/04/2008, 21:30 onwards.
>

> We might even have a Blue Moon Beers somewhere else the following
> Wednesday (30/04/2008), anyone?
>

> We have a foodie social Wednesday 07/05/2008, I favour a Capoci special!
>

> For the next "talk", we're thinking of an "install It!" evening for
> people to bring along whatever they wish to then share installing or
> tweaking whatever might not dared be touched! Very much a 'hands-on'
> evening.
>
> I may well be showing off some USB tricks from recent discussions...
>

> Should be good!
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Terribly sorry I missed the last one. It's been a sod of a week which
I'm glad is now over. While I nurse a shoulder injury, I'm working
towards getting 3D support going on my iBook; I got the sound working,
that was a simple case of plugging in an iMic pod, as it seems (from
booting Knoppix) that the onboard sound chip is toast. My next trick is
going to be getting an HSDPA dongle running on it... well-wishing or
advice on this welcome. Hardware is: iBook G4 1.33GHz, 1.2GB RAM, ATI
Radeon 9x00 GPU, running OpenSuSE 10.3/ppc. I may switch to
Knoppix/Debian ppc (downloading the ISOs right now) depending on how
fiddly they are. Might even go for a dual boot option and eventually
drop the one which doesn't work.