[Nottingham] Eee PC news

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Fri Apr 25 23:48:15 BST 2008

On 25/04/2008, Nancy Van Schooenderwoert <vanschoo at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>  Martin wrote:
> > That's not a picture of you, surely? Sister perhaps?? ;-)

I'm glad that El Reg have stopped using the same picture to illustrate
every story about the Eee. The joke was wearing a bit thin.

>   Nice try - my sister's already "spoken for"!

When I used that phrase on this list two and a half years ago I
received a lot of abuse from a list member. I was very grateful for
the support I received from a few other list members in that thread.
But as I recall the list owners dealt with the matter in an
even-handed way, pointing out that although no-one likes vitriolic
attacks, no-one really likes sexists either.

I have felt disinclined to comment here ever since.

I am relieved that your remark has not elicited an adverse response.
Perhaps middle aged men are sexist until proven otherwise, while women
are given the benefit of the doubt? Gallantry is not yet dead.

Mike

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK