[Nottingham] UMPC recommendations?

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:15:34 BST 2008

Hello,

I'm off to Uni in a few months and that seems like a perfect excuse to
buy a new gadget, right? I've been really interested in the Ultra
Mobile PC trend (e.g. the Asus eee, the MSI wind, Acer Aspire One).
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations about laptops in this
ultra low price & spec range?

My only real criteria are 1) Ability to run Linux with Open Office and
web browsing & networking. Bonus points for style & design!

A question I have is, how feasible would it be to use a UMPC (e.g. the
size of the eee) for taking notes during lectures or for working on
generally? Too small?

Thanks!

--
- Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk