[Nottingham] Call for emergency help

michael Simms msimms42 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:13:44 UTC 2008

Greetings all.

I'm currently without my usual email addresses, due to incompetence beyond
measure at BT.

Long story short, I moved house and BT *royally* screwed up my net
connection.

Short story long at http://www.tuxgames.com

I'm hoping someone out there in LUG land can help. I'm desperately in need
of some hosting for about a month with the following:

Minimum:
2 static IP's
space for a tower case

Would be nice
3 static IPs
space for a tower and a mid case

BT cant help cos of their messups, and my line wont go active for a month.
Virgin take 21 days to get me a line up, so that's not feasable. Even
ineedbroadband cant help as I am in a blackspot. Colo hosting wont help cos
they aren't rackable servers and so the costs are *hideous*, to the rate of
the cost of 4U of servers for each machine. I'm utterly out of options.

So, does anyone out there have an ADSL line or something in their house with
2-3 spare static IPs and space for one or two boxes for a period of about a
month.

Id happily pay someone something reasonable, and/or buy many pints as thanks
and/or give whoever can help a whole handful of nice Linux games {:-).
Expected costs for it would be no more than £10 worth of electricity for
both boxen, and bandwidth use isn't actually that high, it just hosts the
text of pages.

If anyone could help, I would be hugely indebted.

Michael Simms
CEO of currently invisible companies {:-(