[Nottingham] Next Navigation Talk (21st Aug) Cancelled

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Thu Aug 14 21:32:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:13:59PM +0100, Jason Cozens wrote:

> I want to give a talk sometime about the work I've been doing on
> reliable computing see:
>
> https://launchpad.net/eqp
>
> and
>
> https://launchpad.net/~greatc
>
> I've written a first simulation of a scheduling protocol and
> I'm currently working on proving that the protocol "Does
> exactly what it says on the tin".

This does make me think of icecream (not the cold stuff!), which
I've just found out about by coincidence. icecream  is a distributed
compilation daemon and scheduler like distcc but a bit more
intelligent - so with a bit of help it can cope with cross
compilation and those kind of things. You're looking at things from
a much more general point of view (any job/process rather than just
compilation, and for the point of reliability rather than increased
speed), but I imagine that it'd still be of interest to you.

http://en.opensuse.org/Icecream

> It's early days so I don't know what I can produce by next
> week but I'm up for the annihilation of me ideas...

That'd be great!

Cheers,

Roger