[Nottingham] Setting up a router at uni

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 23:23:22 UTC 2008

Thanks Martin,

I just got an email from the IT team and they said it was fine to take
more than one computer as long as I register each one through their
"registration process", whatever that is.

I think I'll look into finding/buying a little hardware router rather
than using a spare computer. Other students are what I'm worried
about, especially since I have full intentions of getting some friends
together to try and test out security on our boxes! As for capability,
is NAT the only requirement I should be looking for?

Thanks again.

--
- Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk