[Nottingham] HOT Dating one-liner contest

Matthew Sackman matthew at sackman.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 20:11:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 07:29:14PM +0000, Michael Erskine (at home!) wrote:
> Matthew Sackman wrote:
> > Same number of lines of code as the Perl version and we actually have
> > some sort of guarantee running it won't cause the Moon to crash...
>
> Well, I didn't think we were playing language golf here! I can come up
> with a much shorter version if you like!

Yeah... well, I feel opportunities for language golf should never pass
by. Besides, I wonder when the last Haskell proponent popped up here. :)

> ...at first I thought it was just being lazy :) but I suppose the module
> doesn't get pulled into Gutsy as standard with ghc or haskell-utils. How
> are modules located in Haskell? Do I need to set some sort of lib path?

You really want GHC 6.8. With GHC 6.6 the new Data.Time module is
available but only from hackage (hackage.haskell.org) so getting GHC 6.8
is by far the easier option. If they're the same package names as in
Debian, it should be called libghc6-time-dev

And generally, when it's installed, you don't need to set any paths or
anything like that - it's really very well behaved.

Matthew
--
Matthew Sackman
http://www.wellquite.org/