[Nottingham] Problem running slappasswd in centos5

gadget.pat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 10 13:51:14 BST 2008

Hi guys,

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. I am trying to create a md5
password for the use of openldap. I have done this before on Suse and
had no problem creating one there but I just get the message "slappasswd
command not found..." in centos5.

The files appear to be there in /usr/sbin/ (although they look like
links to the files needed)and I have installed the files for openldap,
bind and the cyrus files which I thought would solve the issue but to no
joy. What am I doing wrong in centos or what else do I need to download
to be able to create an md5 password?

I have spent all morning searching but nothing seems to relate or help.
It probably an easy solution but I am still on the steep learning curve
learning linux.

Thanks in advance.

As a side note, Am I the only one that is going to miss the twice a
month lugradio podcasts? I have seen no mention of their anouncement on
the list as yet.

pat