[Nottingham] Problem running slappasswd in centos5

gadget.pat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 10 14:29:49 BST 2008

Joshua Lock wrote:

> You're half way there. Red Hat, and it's derivatives (Fedora, CentOS,
> etc) don't include sbin in the default path.
> You'll need to run /sbin/slappasswd or, alternatively, add sbin to your path.
> Personally I like to leave sbin out of my default users path as having
> to prefix /sbin/ to the command helps to remind me I'm doing something
> "serious".

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies. Joshua your solution did the trick. After
putting my "wake up" head on rather than the "dozy" head I have been
using lately, I RAN the command mentioned (rather than going to the
location - doh! me not reading properly) and it has allowed me to create
a password atlast!.

Thanks richard - I had been running as root but forgot to mention that
in my previous post.

Thanks again. Have a good day all.

pat