[Nottingham] My fedora 9 experience (vent/rant included)

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 13 23:37:44 BST 2008

asif maqbool wrote:

> * Ubuntu : great distro with lots of polish, but having to mess with sudo
> pissed me off, too used to using root terminal in solaris/hp-ux etc :p

Tip of the day... "sudo /bin/bash" would probably sort you out then. Not quite
"su -" but does pretty much the same thing. Of course, doing this blows
security out of the window, but if that's what you want, it won't stop you.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com