[Nottingham] Linux webcam?

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Fri Jul 18 11:02:26 BST 2008

Martin wrote:
> Onto the "what webcam for Linux" question again...
>
> Anyone with any recent recommendations?

My webcam is rubbish on most of those counts, though at the time I
bought it, it won on the "cheap" one!

I documented the process for getting it to work with GNU/Linux. It's a
generic webcam and so the most difficult thing was finding out what
model it was.
> Linux compatible (!)
> Low cpu overhead
> 1.2 Mpixel or better and clear image & good contrast
> low light
> microphone (good enough for 'Skype' or whatever)
> cheap :-)

It's unlikely to be very helpful, but reading about how i sorted my
webcam out may be interesting
http://www.blog.tdobson.net/node/170

Tim

--