[Nottingham] Printer advice

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 3 08:56:46 BST 2008

David Aldred wrote:

> So...  what would people recommend as a replacement?

Depends how much printing you do, what quality you want, and how much money you
want to spend.

I used to swear by HP printers, but I found that it was more cost effective to
buy a (cheaper) Epson printer (I have a DX4050) for which the ink cartridges
cost less than the HP ones. The disadvantage is that the print heads aren't
replaced with the ink cartridge, but I only expect the printer to last 3 years
anyway.

As for linux support... it works... I can use the scanner and print things, and
I've even got the ink monitor working. The only thing it's not so good at, is
the print speed seems to be much lower under linux (maybe it's set to a higher
quality than I intended?)

Just my take on the other side of the Epson/HP coin.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com