[Nottingham] Printer advice

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Tue Jun 3 08:37:38 BST 2008

Michael Erskine wrote:
> I highly recommend HP for their Linux commitments

<AOL> Me Too! </AOL>

I've had an HP DeskJet 930c for something like 6 years. It's never
broken, the print quality is great, and it worked first time with the
old RH9 box it originally got installed onto with a parallel cable.
Since then times have moved on, USB support under Linux has improved, so
I moved it to USB when I needed to get it away from the machine it
attaches to.

It's always been shared (via CUPS/IPP and via CUPS/Samba, and for a
while via a hacked version of LPR & AppleTalk) and has almost always,
with a few exceptions, printed everything thrown at it from each client.

Graeme