[Nottingham] Old, unwanted hardware?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 13:18:28 BST 2008

Hi,

> And lastly thanks to peter, although I wouldn't know where to start in
> repairing the screen so I think I'll have to turn down your very kind
> offer :)

It's a bit Heath-Robinson but I've managed to get a few years more
life out of an old laptop by removing the broken screen part - opening
the hinge covers and unplugging the display cable. Then connecting a
cheap TFT monitor to the external monitor connector. It worked just
fine and looked a bit like a weird keyboard.

If you want the machine for networking only you could maybe get away
with setting it up with an external monitor but using it 'headless'.

-Cam