[Nottingham] re: email and spam

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:29:00 BST 2008

I had a bit of a hiccup earlier on in the year when I had to change my
smtp agent, which shows where whitelisting comes in: mail lists. I also
use whitelisting, and reject email from any sender not on that
whitelist. My spam content is at zero. As far as new senders go, I have
one or two subject lines whitelisted as well so they use those or they
don't even see my inbox.

So yes, whitelisting, if set up right, works very well. Anyone wanting
to send you random emails has to do a bit of work if you're to even see it.

cheers,

Jim