[Nottingham] re: email and spam

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 17:06:49 BST 2008

Jim Moore wrote:
[---]
> whitelist. My spam content is at zero. As far as new senders go, I have
> one or two subject lines whitelisted as well so they use those or they
> don't even see my inbox.
>
> So yes, whitelisting, if set up right, works very well. Anyone wanting
> to send you random emails has to do a bit of work if you're to even see it.

Whitelisting on certain /subject lines/ for new senders is a nice idea...

So just include the (human readable) instructions for the subject line
alongside the "mailto:" click link or whatever...

Any other's good ideas?

Or are we all going the way of blacklisting and greylisting and reading
the tea leaves? (Or reading 10 lifetime's worth of spam?)

martin at ml1.co.uk