[Nottingham] digital camera query

godfrey godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 23:06:47 BST 2008

On Sunday 22 June 2008 9:06 am, Peter Woods wrote:
> godfrey wrote:
> > Use digiKam to open the device and after a bit it
> > displays lots of thumbnail pictures called 100_001.jpg and so on. Great -
> > I recognise them as the pictures I took. Now to copy them to my hard
> > drive and save/print/burn to CD whatever. This is where I have problems.
> > Having displayed all the images as thumbnails, it seems incapable of
> > copying any of the image files, and I don't know why. All I get is a
> > message "unable to copy file" and an option to quit or try the next
> > selected image - but they all fail.
>
> I'm not familiar with digikam, but I open my camera with the file
> browser (konqueror or w.h.y.)
> You should be able to just copy over the whole directory and then work
> on it with whatever.

Thanks for the suggestion, but Konqueror does not recognise the folder. After
trying to copy 138 empty folders, when all that I had on the camera was a
collection of 28 pictures, I stopped it.

I sent a message to Kodak who simply reply "Linux is not supported". What
customer service!! Needless to say, I posted the reply on my blog!

Anyone give advice on the universal card reader available in Jessops? I know
it says that it supports Windows and Mac, and the shop staff seem clueless
about any other OS - but anyone here tried to use one? (or similar?)

Regards,

Godfrey