[Nottingham] OOXML and the BSI (fwd)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed May 7 15:15:14 BST 2008

This issue is covered in the previous and current issues of Linux Format
#105 & #106...

"All is fair in Love and Big Business"...

"Nothing is free"

"I only got into Linux because someone mentioned free beer"

"If Microsoft would build a car...
... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the car
windows, shut it off, restart it, and reopen the windows before you
could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this."

And a Microsoft representative said:

"There are a certain number of incorrect ideas circulating about free
software, for example that it's free, ..."

martin at ml1.co.uk