[Nottingham] GNU/Linux on a samsung R60

Richard Smedley rs at m6-it.org
Tue May 27 09:17:44 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 07:48 +0000, Phil Court wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a distribution of linux to install on a samsung
> R60 laptop ?
> I tried PC world with Ubuntu 7.10 but they said they couldn't do it.
> I've tried looking on the internet but to no avail.

Hello Phil,

Ubuntu will install on your laptop, but it isn't straightforward
as the PC's ATI graphics chip is not well-supported :-/

If you go to:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=559250&highlight=maluka
and follow through to the end, you'll see the steps someone called
Maluka took to make it work.

Perhaps you could bring it along to the next LUG meeting, and
some kind LUG member could help? Regrettably I can't get to
meetings, but I wish you luck with your install :)

 - Richard

--

Free Software: http://www.ubuntu.com/
Better browsing: http://www.mozilla.com/