[Nottingham] D&D thanks + comment on upcoming foodie social

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 27 21:25:34 BST 2008

ForkBombFluf wrote:

> The D&DSG (Dungeons and Dragons Splinter Group) had its first ever meet
> this past Sunday, duly witnessed by the newfound bounty in our glass
> recycling bin.  Many thanks to those who showed up and made this event

Excellent stuff.

> the success that it was (...including one who was determined to make it,
> even despite the extra unanticipated expense.  You dropped your taxi
> receipt on our floor by the way, yell if you need it back!).  We look

That just /must/ be a certain well known character of the group... ;-)

> forward to continuing the adventure, probably sometime later in the
> summer when we can hopefully all converge on another agreeable
> date/time.  We'll likely put out another all-call then for new players,

Sounds good. Given the option of camping I may even come along for the
partying!

> In regards to the possiblity of the Navigation for next week's social
> meet, may I point out that they only serve food PRIOR to 7pm, so not an

For us, they're very happy to run food later until 7:30pm or so :-)

I'm sure we could even put in a special request for biscuits if you
/really/ want.

We get the room upstairs also if we wish...

So... The Nav it is!

Wednesday 06/06/2008

Foodie meet, beers, and general help-fest and Q-&-A slot.

Or just more beer for those for the beer!

all at The Navigation

Meet:	19:00
Food:	19:30

Beers and Linux and other topics until 23:00

Let me know for numbers for the Nav to be prepared please,

See ya there,

Cheers All,

martin at ml1.co.uk