[Nottingham] D&D thanks + comment on upcoming foodie social

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Tue May 27 21:01:35 BST 2008

The D&DSG (Dungeons and Dragons Splinter Group) had its first ever meet
this past Sunday, duly witnessed by the newfound bounty in our glass
recycling bin.  Many thanks to those who showed up and made this event the
success that it was (...including one who was determined to make it, even
despite the extra unanticipated expense.  You dropped your taxi receipt on
our floor by the way, yell if you need it back!).  We look forward to
continuing the adventure, probably sometime later in the summer when we
can hopefully all converge on another agreeable date/time.  We'll likely
put out another all-call then for new players, as well as to rouse those
who were interested, but unable to attend the first meet.

In regards to the possiblity of the Navigation for next week's social
meet, may I point out that they only serve food PRIOR to 7pm, so not an
ideal choice for a "foodie" social, unless, of course, we're being
encouraged to smuggle Subway sandwiches and such up to the usual meeting
room. (In which case I'd think the reward of some extra experience points
would be in order, assuming [arse] Biscuit doesn't make off with my
sandwich first.....)

Ciao,

-Stef