[Nottingham] ubuntu 8:10 - the 'yawn' version

Robin C. M. Staple robin.staple at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 02:30:45 UTC 2008

I think Ubuntu 8.10 is absolutely amazing, a great improvement over the
previous Ubuntu releases (which were already amazing). I have tried out
LOADS of distros, but always keep going back to Ubuntu - there just is
nothing like it, other distros just seem to be playing catch-up, basically.
The NetworkManager is greatly improved (3G modem support, etc.), the way the
shutdown button is integrated with the user switching button, guest account
login, make live usb disk option, not to mention the legendary darkroom
theme.

If you're gonna use kde, go all the way and use opensuse/windows... ;-)

Robin