[Nottingham] ubuntu 8:10 - the 'yawn' version

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Thu Nov 6 16:53:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Iain Lane wrote:

> Is that this <http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?
> products_id=274>? I was kinda hoping for one with the Ibex on it,
> similar to the Hardy one. :(
>
> Iain

Hi Iain,

No, it's not that one, it is a green one-- and definitely has a big
virile-looking ibex on it, and not some daffy bird (I'm sooo going to get
wedgied for that comment).  Sorry, should have clairified that I meant
*just had* as in past tense.  He saw it on the Canonical site two weeks
ago, ordered one, then when we were chatting about it later that evening
we had an argument over it because he thought it was an Ibis (a bird) and
I thought it was an Ibex (a horned goat-thing).  He couldn't remember for
sure, so he told me to go have a look at it on the site... I went to look
and *poof!* it wasn't there!  Apparently they'd already sold them all.
We had both started to wonder if he had dreamt the whole thing up, until
it showed up in the post (in all its masculine glory) last Saturday
morning.

-Stef