[Nottingham] Navigation Meet confirmed, Thursday Nov 20th, 7:30pm onwards.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 19:57:07 UTC 2008

ForkBombFluf wrote:
[...]
> friends, namely:
>
> -The dainty 7" Asus eeepc 701 graced by Xandros
>
> -The delightful 8.9" Acer Aspire One sporting Linspire,
>
> -And possibly one of the 10" Eee models as well.

Interesting... I should be there. About the _one_ meet of the year I
miss and it's an interesting one!

[...]
> Sorry for the late-ish organisation, the Golgafrencham subcommittee had to
> meet, discuss the available propositions, call in another subcommitee to
> debate the validity of the proceedings of the primary subcommitte, after
> which the minutes of all combined the proceedings, of cousre, must be
> posted to Alpha Centauri for approval.  But not without the envelope
> containing them being lost three times on the way to the postroom, and
> another 7 timess by Royal Intergalactic Mail on the way to Alpha Centauri,
> before said subcommitte finally caved in and pooled their collective
> horoscopes to assume a decision.

Wow! And that took all of /two minutes/ ?!!! (From my previous post.)
You forgot to mention the lack hole and wormhole!

That's faster than the electrons making up the patterns to form your
communique can get through the wonder of Virgin/NTL to wobble the
crystals on my screen!

> Be there or be a frighteningly elongated trapezoid,

I suspect I'm going to be frighteningly stretched... Or flattened...

Thanks Fluff, have a fun night!

martin at ml1.co.uk