[Nottingham] Digital cameras & Christmas!

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Tue Nov 18 11:36:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Martin wrote:

> OK... From my first foray into filtering through the Marketing
> 'distractions'...
>
>> Any comments from anyone for particularly good examples/deals?
>
> All and any welcome.

It doesn't neatly fall into the three categories you listed, but one of my
photography buff colleages purchased a Panasonic FZ18 last year, after
much deliberation.

One of the first photos he took with it was of the motherboard of an iMac
in our (poorly lit) office, (no tripod, extra lighting, etc.) and I
thought the detail you could garner from the board (considering the
circumstances) was pretty good.

He's kindly sent it to me, and I've temporarily stuck it up at:

http://fluf.chaosnet.org/sickimac.jpg

The FZ18 has now been replaced with the FZ28, but he believes the only
change in the new model is to a higher resolution CCD.

The FZ28 is available at Amazon for 235 pounds (where it's also getting a
5 star rating).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMCFZ28-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B001D2RE12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1227005495&sr=8-1

Ciao,

-Stef