[Nottingham] Digital cameras & Christmas!

Jason Liquorish jason at dropshock.com
Tue Nov 18 11:06:46 UTC 2008

Martin wrote:

[...]

>> 2: Good point'n'shoot with optical viewfinder, x4 optical zoom,
>> point'n'shoot but with the options for manual override;
>
> Some options are:
>
> Canon Powershot E1 10MP Camera
>
> Canon Ixus 80 IS 8MP Digital Camera (only x3 zoom but nicely
> pocket-sized small)
>
> Sony Cyber-shot W170 10.1MP Camera
>

> And slightly more chunky:
>
> Kodak ZD710 7MP Digital Camera
>
> Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd 10MP Camera
Hi Martin,

I have a friend who owns a IXUS 80 and have had a rather long play with
it on bonfire night. I can tell you it is a very nice camera and
produced some nice shots even with the lighting conditions. We got some
rather nice pictures of the fire performers that turned up at the forest
recreation ground :)

I am still unsure if I can make it to the meet on Thursday although if I
can I may be able to borrow the camera for you to have a play with if
you would like. One thing to note is that it is the pink version though :p

[...]

Thanks
--
Jason Liquorish <jason at dropshock.com>