[Nottingham] Fedora 9 boot problem

Michael Erskine msemtd at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:33:29 UTC 2008

Hi Pat,
I think that you might need some Fedora-specific help. There are
probably some good community forums that could point you in the right
direction. It's a laptop after all! Have you previously had a
different disto working on it? (the point being: does Xorg have a
problem with the gfx chipset). If you have a backup of a known-working
Xorg.conf from a previous distro then that might point you in the
right direction. I'm afraid that Kubuntu just works for me so I
haven't had the pleasure of fixing up Xorg on my Intel i915 chipset
laptop!

Regards,
Michael.