[Nottingham] Fedora 9 boot problem

gadget.pat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 21 13:04:32 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Still no joy as yet...

Cleared Fedora and installed a fresh version but still have the same
problem :-(

I have tried running these commands which are supposed to reconfigure
the X settings...

system-config-display   and   usr/sbin/firstboot –-reconfig

I still get a laptop that locks up. Do these commands not try and use
basic settings so that the vid card can be setup?

Also, is there a way to find out what "vesa" settings are being used
when specified in xorg.conf? Want to try creating my own xorg.conf file
from scratch. Is there a log of these settings?

Thanks in advance,

(Sleep deprived) pat