[Nottingham] Linux webcam? (Martin, Jim)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 22:06:29 UTC 2008

john doe wrote:
> Update I have managed to get the Sumvision Panther GT 2.0 mega pixel
> cam to work under PCLinuxOS using kernel version 2.6.22.15.tex2
> (display tested with the Ekiga app), but not under Mandriva 2008.1
> running kernel version 2.6.24.7-desktop-1.uc2mnb.  I followed the
> instructions here:
> http://www.64bitjungle.com/tech/microdia-webcam-0c54-experimental-drivers-installation-and-testing-part-1/

I've instead used the 'howto' on:
https://groups.google.com/group/microdia/web/testing-microdia-driver-draft

That worked first time on a test Mandriva 2009.0-RC2 system. You need to
make sure you have such as:

kernel-(server|desktop|laptop|xxxx)-devel; git; gcc; make; and ctags
installed so that you can compile the code.

All good except...

How can I change the resolution to get the full 4M-pixels out of the
Sumvision Panther?

And what is there for setting the camera exposure and other image settings??

(Jim?)

martin at ml1.co.uk