[Nottingham] Acer Aspire One

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Tue Oct 21 18:46:46 UTC 2008

Linpus Lite on Acer here too.
I thought the battery life a bit swift, but I've not really anything to
compare it to.

They are piled high in Tesco, also with hard drive  for £248 I think.
These things are going to change the low end laptop landscape.

The only snag so far is the update (over wi-fi) was soooooo slooow that
it got abandoned.
Disaster! Luckily I could fix it, but the average punter would be stuffed.

Don't you love the additive technology of free s/w.
Making a USB key installer was a doddle, after I tried to do it on a box
with a hard drive.
(Don't know why some distros barf on a diskless box, ho hum.)

Ace one Acer

Pete Woods