[Nottingham] OpenOffice vs MS Office [Was: "Big Name" DistrosUpdate]

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 15:33:07 UTC 2009

2009/4/20 Chris Hayes <cbhworld at gmail.com>

> I'm just a little curious as to how long ago these horror stories are from
> because I do recall I few problems with OpenOffice when I first was getting
> into Linux - but nothing (aside from a shaky DB app) for many years now.

Oh yes OO Base... that was fun. I was an IT Teacher and tried using it a few
times instead of Access... I gave up really quickly though!

Anyway, my "horror" was a little over 18 months ago - summer 2007. But I
still experience grief with it like: how do you print out handouts from
Presenter? It's in there somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it each
time my wife needs to print out her slides for her course... I tend to end
up loading it on our Windows laptop in MS Office and printing from there.
*shrug*

Alex