[Nottingham] Water cooled CPUs - worthwhile?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 21 22:01:43 UTC 2009

Iain: you might find the vibration is either in the PSU (fan) or in
the hard drive (platters being offbalance - it happens and can result
in huge amounts of heat being generated - most of my Maxtor drives
have this problem and it's all down to the cheap platters causing the
entire unit to "bounce" and me having to use active cooling on them to
stop them literally cooking themselves).