[Nottingham] Android Phones

Mike Cardwell nlug at lists.grepular.com
Tue Dec 8 13:59:48 UTC 2009

Rory Holland wrote:

> I'm reading about HTCs 2010 release, and might wait around for this:
> http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/08/htc-bravo-pictured-more-lucidly/
> Newer versions of Android will almost certainly feature better Outlook
> integration, especially now microsoft have opened their PST format for
> direct access without proprietary APIs.

I have a G1. I'm not sure why you're making that claim re Outlook
integration. Android hasn't shown any promise as a usable mobile email
client yet. The worse thing about Android is the email application. It's
absolutely terrible. Extremely slow, clunky and severely lacking in
anything other than the basic feature set. Mobile Outlook is far
superior, as is the email client which came with my Symbian based Nokia
E90, and the iPhone mail client too. I've had to install a third party
client called K-9. It's not brilliant, but it's far superior to the
standard mail client that comes with Android.

Other than that, everything else about the phone is superb.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/