[Nottingham] Oh to float on a Cloud! (Scary?!)

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 01:26:35 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Have you seen where Microsoft Windows has gone now?!
>
> Good OS Announces Cloud Operating System
> http://telecommunicationnews.net/2008/12/good-os-announces-cloud-operating-system/
>
> (Note where the Windows icon is...)
>

> And there's also Netbooks, and Android (PDAs/phones), and...
>
> So... What happens when Linux jumps up in market share?...
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

not knowing much about the OS in question, or how it boots, does anyone
know if it launches xp in a vm process? Or is it a coldboot through grub
or whatever?

Only asking cos I've managed to get xp launching in a few seconds by
invoking a vm session from a snapshot image rather than an installed
boot image, which keeps my downtime to the barest minimum while I do my
win32 stuff in a practically native environment. Only way I'll run win32
apps these days, is in a sandbox.

--
Disclaimer: No fluffy warm creatures were maimed, dismembered, tortured, deplumed, discarded, deflowered, dropped, twisted, wrungOut, extended, respliced, broken, humiliated, irradiated, browbeaten, pickled, deluded, duped, detained, mishandled, desiccated, bronzed, belittled, coddled, expelled, deported, imbibed, elected, marginalized, placated, misrepresented, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, prepackaged, overly petted, genetically altered or cloned during the making of this product, except of course for Bunny and Bear

 - IE4 Easter Egg