[Nottingham] Acer Aspire One linux tweaks (including bluetooth)

Jason Liquorish jason at dropshock.com
Tue Feb 17 16:42:20 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> After a session of Googling...

[...]

> So why isn't it far far simpler?! OK, I'll be trying out the
> connectivity for Mandriva and Gentoo sometime...

I found things to be rather difficult on Linpus which just strengthened
my decision to put a full featured distro on my Aspire One. Asus have
done a great job making Linpus simple and easy to use for people new to
Linux and if you just want to do basic things then it is pretty good for
that. I found that dumbing down the interface and making it "simple" has
made it harder if you want to start customising or tweaking. I know
netbooks are meant for just surfing, IM and email etc. but I still want
to be able to do other stuff.

> All good fun!
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

I don't know if this will be of much help to you but it is worth a shot.
I have written up a guide on the Crunchbang wiki on getting the Acer
Aspire one fully functional. The instructions should, and in my
experiences do work for Ubuntu as well and I do not see why they would
not work on other Debian based systems.

The page is at http://crunchbang.org/wiki/howto/aspireone/ and I would
appreciate if you could let me know if the steps work for you.

Thanks for the work you put into this and I shall be sure to look at the
links you mentioned later on.

--
Jason Liquorish - <jason at dropshock.com>