[Nottingham] Acer Aspire One linux tweaks (including bluetooth)

Jason Liquorish jason at dropshock.com
Tue Feb 17 16:46:24 UTC 2009

Jason Liquorish wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> After a session of Googling...
>
> [...]
>
>> So why isn't it far far simpler?! OK, I'll be trying out the
>> connectivity for Mandriva and Gentoo sometime...
>
> I found things to be rather difficult on Linpus which just strengthened
> my decision to put a full featured distro on my Aspire One. Asus have
> done a great job making Linpus simple and easy to use for people new to
> Linux and if you just want to do basic things then it is pretty good for
> that. I found that dumbing down the interface and making it "simple" has
> made it harder if you want to start customising or tweaking. I know
> netbooks are meant for just surfing, IM and email etc. but I still want
> to be able to do other stuff.
>
>> All good fun!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin
>>

> I don't know if this will be of much help to you but it is worth a shot.
> I have written up a guide on the Crunchbang wiki on getting the Acer
> Aspire one fully functional. The instructions should, and in my
> experiences do work for Ubuntu as well and I do not see why they would
> not work on other Debian based systems.
>
> The page is at http://crunchbang.org/wiki/howto/aspireone/ and I would
> appreciate if you could let me know if the steps work for you.
>
> Thanks for the work you put into this and I shall be sure to look at the
> links you mentioned later on.

Woops, should not have rushed that reply while I was on my break. The
page is at http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/howto/aspireone/ not the
previous link. Also I did mean Acer, not Asus *blushes* I will be sure
to check my emails better next time before hitting send.

Thanks

--
Jason Liquorish - <jason at dropshock.com>