[Nottingham] SUSE11.1 help needed

alistairlane at talktalk.net alistairlane at talktalk.net
Thu Feb 26 16:01:27 UTC 2009

 Jim, thanks for the help but it's still not playing so I think I'll just junk SuSE and try something else.
Originally I tried to install Mepis 7 (64 bit) but it would not recognise my RAID setup and tried to install on one disk or the other.
Anyone got any suggestions as to which distro will do what I want i.e.rip/play/store music files, play the odd DVD, view/store photo files, run OO.o3 and Firefox, preferably with KDE front end, which can be installed on an AMD x2 machine with RAID.
Alistair