[Nottingham] Moving the location of software installed by wine

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:12:23 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble in tidying up my files. I installed office
2007 to '/share/Microsoft Office' but I'd like to move it to
'/share/Software/Microsoft Office'

Office runs brilliantly under wine until I move or rename the original
installation directory, which causes either crashes or "lagginess".
Does anyone know why moving the directory might affect the software
running and how I can do it successfully?

Wine outputs this when the directory is moved:

err:msi:check_assembly_installed No assembly name specified!
err:msi:msiobj_release Invalid handle!
err:msi:check_assembly_installed No assembly name specified!
fixme:msi:MsiSourceListGetInfoW Unhandled context 4
err:msi:source_matches_volume Failed to get volume information
err:msi:ready_media Cabinet not found: L"C:\\windows\\Installer\\EnterWW.CAB"
err:msi:ACTION_MsiPublishAssemblies Failed to ready media
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallExecute" returned 1603

Thanks!

--
- Danny King