[Nottingham] Moving the location of software installed by wine

Michael Erskine msemtd at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 4 11:29:12 UTC 2009

2009/1/4 Danny King <dannyking at gmail.com>:
> Wine outputs this when the directory is moved:
> err:msi:check_assembly_installed No assembly name specified!
> err:msi:msiobj_release Invalid handle!
> err:msi:check_assembly_installed No assembly name specified!
> fixme:msi:MsiSourceListGetInfoW Unhandled context 4
> err:msi:source_matches_volume Failed to get volume information
> err:msi:ready_media Cabinet not found: L"C:\\windows\\Installer\\EnterWW.CAB"
> err:msi:ACTION_MsiPublishAssemblies Failed to ready media
> err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallExecute" returned 1603

This looks like the MS Installer checking for installed .Net
components. I think this is a question for the WineHQ forums
(http://forums.winehq.org/).

Whilst it is interesting that Office 2007 runs well under Wine I can't
help but blurt out that Office 2007 sickens me and has the most
ridiculously broken user interface ever!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.