[Nottingham] Microsoft EULA simplified?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 12:37:08 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
[...]
> That is, give unfettered 'freedom' to the user to play as they please on
> their machines but still keep them safe from meddling by malware or
> Marketeers or others?

Another thought is whether Linux distros can survive the silliness and
widespread use of badly (or Marketing steered, or maliciously) written
3rd-party/commercial applications pushed onto the unknowing masses...?

Will linux be linux if used like Windows? I guess we've had the
lindows/linspire experiment...

Imagine a world with an /equal/ market share of Linux, BSD, Google-OS,
Mac-OS, Windows? Possible? Good for Linux?

martin at ml1.co.uk