[Nottingham] Getting PHP files to work under Apache2

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 17:43:20 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 Mar 2009, Hazel Windle wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting php files to work on my Apache2 webserver. I run
> Suse Linux 11.1, and I have installed Apache2, PHP5, Apache2modPHP5, and
> Mysql. I installed Mysql first and that works fine then I installed Apache2
> and PHP5 using YAST. I edited my http.conf file to include the line
> "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php but that didn't work for some reason,
> I obviously stopped and started the web server with apache2ctl after doing
> so. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Apache2 on a Debian derivative, which uses a different structure for
the .conf files, but the lines I have related to php are:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

I think you might well need the LoadModule line somewhere in your
configuration; I'd assume it just lives in http.conf in your structure.

--
David Aldred