[Nottingham] Possibility of help?

sean seankenny at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:00:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 7:23 PM, James Gibbon <jg at jamesgibbon.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:06:13 +0100
> sean <seankenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just sent my daughter off to Uni in Nottingham with an Asus
>> Netbook running eeebuntu that I set up before she left to
>> automagically connect to any wifi network she came across (she has
>> wifi included in her rent). Here in Bristol I tested it to be "fashion
>> and media studies" student proof and had no problems. however she's
>> got up there and all her friends Windows laptops are connecting
>> seamlessly but she can't see any network, let alone configure it. It's
>> not proved possible to t/shoot with her over the phone and I'm not
>> going up to visit till the end of October so was wondering if any kind
>> soul in the LUG might be able to give her a hand. I've told her "I
>> might be able to get a geek to come round". There's a virtual pint in
>> it.
>
> Nottingham Uni or Nottingham Trent? If the former I'd be happy to take
> a look if she can bring it over to the Psychology building - in which
> case please ask her to email me off-list.

heh, as I thought, deluged with offers, thanks very much.

Yes, she is at Nottingham Trent, but this is the wifi in her own house
that her and some friends have privately rented for their second year.
I've told her to take it to Uni and see if she can get online there,
but she says she uses the Library internet there and just wants this
for home. If you still think you could help mail me offlist and I'll
give you her mobile number.

Cheers

Sean