[Nottingham] What wiki?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:48:49 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I thought this had been asked in the recent-ish past but my powers of
> search have failed... (Or I'm losing my mind!)
>

> What wikies do people prefer?
>
> Especially for posting up a calendar of events, info/article pages,
> pictures, galleries of pictures, and perhaps blogs...
>
> And preferably one that /doesn't/ look like wikipedia!
>

> Are there any tricks for having the wiki but for also making a _static_
> snapshot of it so that the snapshot can be hosted on a static-only
> hosting site?
>
> Methinks this must already have been done...
>

> Oh... And it has got to be minimal maintenance ofcourse!
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

I swear by pbwiki.org, they have got what I consider the easiest
interface going, while keeping the possibility of a very dynamic site
both in terms of controlling who can enter what, and also who can even
access the content. For a local wiki, nothing beats Zope. Either way,
it's a simple case of one-click exporting of content for static
distribution. :)

example: newhandyshoot.pbwiki.org

oh, I just checked... seems the site has gone AWOL. Bugger. Redirects to
an OLC portal...

That pisses me off. I had a nice wiki going there.

--
Are more people violently opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?