[Nottingham] apache or squid for proxying?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:38:59 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:

> Crazy thought... Would a transparent proxy that then works through a
> non-transparent proxy defeat that exploit?
>
> PCs -- (lan) --> transparent proxy ----> proxy (& gateway) ----> internet
>
> You then still get the advantage of not having to change any settings on
> the PCs already set up on an internal network.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

strikes me as a nine-lever deadlock on a four inch thick door, with the
key under the mat.
The gateway would need to be open to any port the transparent proxy
requires. The hole is still there.

--
Are more people violently opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs?