[Nottingham] Odd FTP problem

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 19:48:11 UTC 2010

On 29/08/10 20:28, stripes wrote:
[---]
> Command:    SYST
> Response:    500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
> Command:    FEAT
> Response:    215 UNIX Type: L8
[---]

One guess is that particular server is running extremely slowly and your
GUI clients are running too many commands ahead of the responses. Hence,
confusion ensues.

Or, that server genuinely gets confused about the SYST request.

I suspect the problem is with the server. Running with the command-line
just means that you're issuing commands at the very slow human speed...

Can you try logging into another server?

martin at ml1.co.uk