[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* Wednesday 01/09/2010 Hints 'n' tips, & Graphics

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 11:56:54 UTC 2010

Folks,

We're at the Nav still. They've got "New Management" (Darren!) and a
goodly selection of beer again. Plus all the usual largers...

Hints 'n' tips, & Graphics
==========================

I've been helping out some computer users again and was reminded of how
we can easily take things for granted and get stuck in doing things the
same old way from years ago. Meanwhile, technology and applications move
on... Also I was reminded how many people likely never use even a small
fraction of what the desktop interface can do for them... Just one great
revelation was for the use of:

ctl-v
ctl-c
ctl-x
ctl-z

whilst document editing...

And much more...

Hence the thought and question:

What are the top ten "productivity aides" that speed up whatever it is
that you do on you computer?

Also, many people also have many digital (and old print) photos. But
what can you do with them?...

All welcome and all hints 'n' tips welcomed to add to my comments!

All at:

The Navigation

http://www.lock6.co.uk/
Real ale, food, and free WiFi access

Wednesday 01/09/2010

Meet:	19:30
(in the bar somewhere - look for penguins or just shout "where's NLUG!")

Talk/Questions/Discussion:	20:00
(in the room upstairs)

Beers and Linux and other topics until 23:00

The Navigation Inn
6 Wilford Street
Nottingham
NG2 1AA
Tel: 0115 9417139

http://www.pub-explorer.com/notts/pub/navigationinnnottingham.htm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.948&lon=-1.1518&scale=10000&icon=x

All welcome,

(Just look for the netbooks or ask the friendly barstaff.)

martin at ml1.co.uk